Polyclinic Building, Floor 1 and 2
08:30 – 11:30 (Registration of patients from Monday to Friday)
To register you must have: passport, appointment card, X-rays.
Consultative and Diagnostic Department was established in 1924. The heads of the department at different times were: Professor V.O. Marks, Ya.A. Berdashkevich, V.S. Dudnik. On the initiative of Professor M.I.Sytenko, the first in the country orthopedic pediatric preventorium was founded in 1932.
For a long time, the work of the children’s department was headed by Ph.D. in Medical Sciences N.D. Matskevych.
Consultative and Diagnostic Department Staff:
Areas of Scientific and Practical Activity:
- development of diagnostics methods of spine, extremities and joints diseases and their consequences;
- early diagnostics of malignant skeletal tumors;
- development and implementation of new methods of conservative treatment and rehabilitation in orthopedic pathology.
- spine and joints orthopedic problems;
- spine and joints arthrology and trauma;
- oncology in children and adults.
Patients who have applied for admission to the Institute Consultative Department have the opportunity to undergo a comprehensive examination in Institute laboratories and departments by modern investigation methods:
- X-ray diagnostics;
- pathophysiological examination:
- electro-neuromyographic examination of neuromuscular system in case of musculoskeletal and peripheral nervous system pathology.
- electroneuromyographic recording of spontaneous electrical activity in trunk and extremities muscles.
- ultrasound examination of soft tissues and joints in case of musculoskeletal system disease.
- ultrasound (Doppler) examination of the arteries and veins of extremities, neck.
- ultrasound examination of abdominal organs and extra-abdominal space.
- rheovasographic examination of extremities circulation function.
- electrocardiogram recording and heart rate variability.
- biomechanical investigation (determination of gravity center, functional support ability of lower extremities, stability of musculoskeletal system, change of strength and endurance of trunk muscles);
- clinical and biochemical investigation of blood and urine to determine the metabolism:
- hematological and general clinical analyses.
- biochemical investigation: indices of protein, carbohydrate, lipid and mineral metabolism.
- hemostasis system investigation.
- performing investigation of bone and cartilage tissue condition using their metabolism markers.
- immunological and immune-enzyme assays.
- bacteriological investigation to detect the sensitivity of isolated pathogens to chemotherapy.
- investigation of structural components of connective tissue; immunological studies;
- ultrasonic dopplerography.
Great importance in patients’ examination is given to the research in the laboratory of biomechanics
- technique for measuring trunk muscles strength and endurance.
- technique for measuring strength and endurance of upper extremities muscles.
- technique for measuring strength and endurance of lower extremities muscles.
- technique of correcting foot deformity and limb shortening
- determination of functional capacity of lower extremities.
- technique of investigation of musculoskeletal system stability in the transition process from standing to walking.
- technique for measuring volume of movement in the joints of upper extremities.
- technique for measuring volume of movement in the joints of lower extremities.
- method for measuring upper limb length.
- method for measuring lower limb length.
- method of investigation of foot surface (planthography).
Consultants of State Institution “Sytenko Institute of Spine and Joint Pathology NAMS Ukraine” Clinics at the Institute Polyclinic
AREAS OF THE CONSULTATIVE AND DIAGNOSTIC DEPARTMENT:
Children with congenital and acquired malformations and diseases of musculoskeletal system
Additional Methods of Diagnostics of Orthopedic Pathology
HEAD OF THE DEPARTMENT