At Sytenko institute Pediatric orthopaedic specialists provide a broad range of trauma, hand, musculoskeletal, sports medicine and general orthopaedic services for children of all ages. Together with physical and occupational therapists, advanced practice providers, and other experienced staff members, our pediatric orthopaedic surgeons care for children with all types of bone, joint, spine and other conditions.
The Sports Medicine Center team brings together a wide range of board-certified sports medicine specialists to help student-athletes reach their peak performance.
Our spine surgeons and Spine Care team travel across the world to bring the latest innovations in surgical and non-surgical solutions to children with scoliosis. And we are one of only a few hospitals in the nation to have two full-time, board-certified hand surgeons on our team with a dedicated Hand Surgery program focused only on kids.
Leveraging technology to improve outcomes.
Using technology like 3D printing and motion analysis, your child’s team can precisely visualise the capabilities and challenges they’re experiencing related to their orthopaedic condition. Often, our surgeons will use 3D printed models of the hip and foot to prepare for complex procedures with accuracy and precision in the foot and Hip Preservation Program.
Conditions that we treat:
- Bone and joint trauma
- Bone disorders
- Bone tumors
- Bone and soft tissue tumors
- Bow legs
- Cerebral Palsy
- Club feet
- Developmental hip dislocation
- Hand anomalies
- Hip and joint diseases
- Infections of bone and joint
- Joint replacement
- Leg length discrepancies
- Limb length discrepancies
- Spina bifida
- Sports injuries
- Other orthopaedic conditions
What to bring with you to your orthopaedic appointment:
- Complete blood count(CBC), Urinalysis, Biochemical, blood test, Kidney and liver function test, ABO blood group system, Fecal occult blood
- report of previous treatment (if present)
- immunisation and vaccination history
- Mantoux test for past year in case of positive result a conclusion letter from the Phthisiology
- cardiologist consultation: electrocardiogram ECG, ultrasound of the heart , ultrasound of the liver and internal organs
- otorhinolaryngologist (ENT) consultation
- stomatologist consultation
- Dermatologist consultation
- fluorography (chest X-RAY ) after age of 15 years
- HIV, hepatitis B,C (if positive its necessary to consult with infectious disease specialist)
- parents fluorography
- cheat x-ray with a description
- Spirogram 3: biochemical blood test, liver and kidney function test